Responsible AI For Youth
Artificial Intelligence is the next big thing. According to Google CEO Sundar Pichai, “AI is one of the most important things humanity is working on. It is more profound than, I dunno, electricity or fire,”. Profound leaders from top tech companies are making bold statements about the impact of artificial intelligence on human life.
To stay relevant in the market economically and socially, nations are focusing on new-age skills to get ready for the future in the age of new emerging technology knowns as artificial intelligence.
India is working on a strategy “AI for ALL” launched in 2018. The key focus on skill-based education to make India’s upcoming generation ready for the AI revolution to reduce the technology skill gap. To achieve this objective, the National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India with the collaboration of Intel India has designed a National Program for Government Schools: Responsible AI for Youth.
The goal of this program to empower the youth students of India with advance new-age relevant mindset, relevant skills by providing access to advanced tools.
The Objectives of The Program:
- Demystify AI for youths by providing relevant skills and mindset.
- Democratize access to artificial intelligence tools and train to use those.
- Empower the youths for positive social impact solutions.
The students from grades 8 to 12 from the government schools will able to participates in India.
There will be 3 phases of program implementations:
- Phase I - Selected teachers and students will be trained by orientations and online training sessions to get ideas from students in video format online.
- Phase II - Top 100 ideas will be shortlisted. The chosen ideas students will start dedicated AI sessions to deep drive into the artificial intelligence.
- Phase III - Next, shortlisted 50 selected students with top ideas will get an invitation to present their projects. Out of all, the top 20 innovative AI projects will be the winners from the whole selection.
The organizers will arrange the required tools, materials, and logistics for the AI boot camps and the national showcase.